Monday, October 27, 2008

Hamlet Re-telling


images
Originally uploaded by l_mazzola
I found this book today. It is a modern telling of Hamlet, with an intended young adult audience. I might check it out and see if I should offer it as an outside reading for my AP seniors. Here is what Amazon has to say about the book:
Denmark, Tennessee, stinks. The smell hits Horatio Wilkes the moment he pulls into town to visit his best friend, Hamilton Prince. And it’s not just the paper plant and the polluted river that’s stinking up Denmark: Hamilton’s father has been poisoned and the killer is still at large. Why? Because nobody believes that Rex Prince was murdered. Nobody except Horatio and Hamilton. Now they need to find the killer, but it won’t be easy. It seems like everyone in Denmark is a suspect. Motive, means, opportunity— they all have them. But who among them has committed murder most foul?

1 comment:

  1. Hello laura,
    I am afraid but it’s my first time on your blog and there are so many out there. I just wish there was a way I could return here whenever I choose in order for you to make counter visits?
    I stopped because the contents drew my attention.
    Hopefully Ill see you around.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete